Website Optimization & Submission Service
How to show up in search engines
Search engines your website will be submitted to
All About Addme
Contact, Questions & Quotes
Website promotion articles
Add your URL to Yahoo.com search.
Yahoo, the number one most visited website set its mind on being the number one provider for
searches on the internet. It's new search indexing program (Yahoo Search Technology) is young,
but works high speed to grow its index.
How to add your url to Yahoo
Submitting can be done either free or for a fee. Free submission requires you to be a member of
Yahoo first. Paid submission is dealt with by Overture.
How are web documents ranked?
When you search on Yahoo!, our search engine instantly searches and sorts billions of web documents, makes a decision on each one's comparative relevancy to your search query, and offers these web pages as ranked results. Search engines don't have the ability to ask questions, so they rely on the search terms you enter to interpret and determine the intent of your search.
Yahoo! Search ranks results according to their relevance to a particular query by analyzing the web page text, title and description accuracy as well as its source, associated links, and other unique document characteristics.
How do I improve the ranking of my website in the search results?
Generally, you can ensure you have unique and targeted content for your audience. Here are a few tips that can help your page be found by a focused search on the Internet:
- Think carefully of the key terms that your users will search on to find content like yours. Use those terms to guide the text and construction of your page.
- Users are more likely to click a link if the title matches their search. Choose terms for the title that match the concept of your document.
- Use a "description" meta-tag and write your description accurately and carefully. After the title, the description is the most important draw for users. Make sure the document title and description attract the interest of the user but also fit the content on your site.
- Use a "keyword" meta-tag to list key words for the document. Use a distinct list of keywords that relate to the specific page on your site instead of using one broad set of keywords for every page.
- Keep relevant text and links in HTML. Placing them in graphics or image maps means search engines can't always search for the text, and the crawler can't follow links to your site's other pages. An HTML site map, with a link from your welcome page, can help make sure all your pages are crawled.
- Use ALT text for graphics. It's good page design to accommodate text browsers or visually impaired visitors, and it helps improve the text content of your page for search purposes.
- Correspond with webmasters and other content providers and build rich linkages between related pages.
Note: "Link farms" create links between unrelated pages for no reason except to increase page link counts. Using link farms violates Yahoo!'s Site Guidelines and will not improve your page ranking.
So what do they like at Yahoo Search? Ho do my ranks improve?
Pages Yahoo! Wants Included in Its Index
Unfortunately, not all web pages contain information that is valuable to a user. Some pages are created deliberately to trick the search engine into offering inappropriate, redundant or poor-quality search results; this is often called "spam." Yahoo! does not want these pages in the index.
- Original and unique content of genuine value
- Pages designed primarily for humans, with search engine considerations secondary
- Hyperlinks intended to help people find interesting, related content, when applicable
- Metadata (including title and description) that accurately describes the contents of a web page
- Good web design in general
So what do have to do to remove myself from the top 10 yahoo rank page?
- Pages that harm accuracy, diversity or relevance of search results
- Pages dedicated to directing the user to another page
- Pages that have substantially the same content as other pages
- Sites with numerous, unnecessary virtual hostnames
- Pages in great quantity, automatically generated or of little value
- Pages using methods to artificially inflate search engine ranking
- The use of text that is hidden from the user
- Pages that give the search engine different content than what the end-user sees
- Excessively cross-linking sites to inflate a site's apparent popularity
- Pages built primarily for the search engines
- Misuse of competitor names
- Multiple sites offering the same content
- Pages that use excessive pop-ups, interfering with user navigation
- Pages that seem deceptive, fraudulent or provide a poor user experience
Taken from Yahoo's core values:
We believe humor is essential to success. We applaud irreverence and don't take ourselves
too seriously. We celebrate achievement. We yodel.
Let Addme promote your site!
Order today to receive these Free bonuses:
How To Build HTML...|
This very educational eBook contains 18 chapters teaching the ins and outs of web page html. Lots of good advice for both new and experienced website designers.
Thumb Nail It...|
Thumb Nail It is a simple, easy to use program to make thumbnailing of
entire folders fast and easy...
Features: Make thumbnails of images in an entire folder,
Rename the images (if selected) at the same time,
Add a prefix to the thumbnails.
100+ Website Templates...|
What you get is 100+ good looking Professional Webpage templates...